By virtue of a thrilling and unbelievable 83-78 overtime victory at Clemson, Jamie Dixon’s Pitt Panthers (23-8, 11-7 ACC) clinched the No. 5 seed for their first-ever ACC Tournament.
Pitt earned a single bye and will play the winner of No. 12 Wake Forest and No. 13 Notre Dame at Greensboro Coliseum at noon Thursday on ESPN.
The Irish and Demon Deacons will open up the tourney at 1 p.m. Wednesday on ESPN2. Pitt defeated Wake Forest 80-65 at the Pete on Jan. 11. The Panthers recently defeated Notre Dame 85-81 on the road in overtime.
Should Pitt win its first ever ACC tourney game, it will then match up with the No. 4 North Carolina Tar Heels (23-8, 13-5 ACC) on Friday at 2 p.m. on ESPN. Pitt could be looking to avenge a 75-71 loss earlier this season at UNC.
Over its last 13 Big East tournaments, Pitt reached the finals seven times, winning the title in 2003 and 2008. The Panthers will look to continue the success in their new conference.
2014 ACC Tournament Schedule (Click for printable version)
Wednesday, March 12th
- Game 1: No. 12 Wake Forest vs. No. 13 Notre Dame, 1PM
- Game 2: No. 10 Miami vs. No. 15 Virginia Tech, 3:30PM
- Game 3: No. 11 Georgia Tech vs. No. 14 Boston College, 7PM
Thursday, March 13th
- Game 4: No. 8 Maryland vs. No. 9 Florida State, Noon
- Game 5: No. 5 Pitt vs. Wake Forest/Notre Dame winner, 2PM
- Game 6: No. 7 North Carolina State vs. Miami/Virginia Tech winner, 7PM
- Game 7: No. 6 Clemson vs. Georgia Tech/Boston College winner, 9PM
Friday, March 14th
- Game 8: Game 4 winner vs. No. 1 Virginia, Noon
- Game 9: Game 5 winner vs. No. 4 North Carolina, 2PM
- Game 10: Game 6 winner vs. No. 2 Syracuse, 7PM
- Game 11: Game 7 winner vs. No. 3 Duke, 9PM
Saturday, March 15th
- Game 12: Game 8 winner vs. Game 9 winner, 1PM
- Game 13: Game 10 winner vs. Game 11 winner, 3PM
Sunday, March 16th
- Game 14: Game 12 winner vs. Game 13 winner, 1PM