3. Steelers 26-9 win over the Vikings in Week 2
After letting the 2017 NFL regular season play out, it became obvious the Steelers dominating win over the Minnesota Vikings in Week 2 was pretty darn impressive. Not only did Pittsburgh’s offense play well, but the Steelers defense held the Vikings offense to only 237 total yards that Sunday afternoon.
More from Pittsburgh Steelers
- Pittsburgh Steelers: A Look Back at 2019
- Steelers: Need for QB of the Future is More Apparent than Ever
- Steelers: Defense Needs to Take Advantage of Inconsistent Bills Passing Attack
- Steelers: Devlin Hodges Has Chance to Make Lasting Impression in Week 14
- Steelers: James Washington’s Emergence Could Make Offense Dangerous
With that said, I was particularly impressed with how successful the Steelers were in moving-the-chains. According to ESPN, Pittsburgh earned a total of 22 first-downs, whereas the Vikings only finished with 15. Against a tremendously tough defensive front-seven, Pittsburgh was able to control the game.
Even though the ramifications of this game won’t change anything in 2018, it does show the Steelers can compete on both lines of scrimmage. This squad has been questioned after their second loss of the year to the Jacksonville Jaguars, but that may turn out to be more of a bad match-up than anything.
Moving forward, I believe Pittsburgh can look back on this win over the Vikings and gain confidence heading into the offseason.
Who knows, maybe these two teams with meet up once again in the 2018-2019, but in Mercedes-Benz Stadium?